Open House Night at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena On Monday

(Photo Credit: Rich Kirchen)

(Photo Credit: Rich Kirchen)

There are plenty of questions still out there in regards to the Milwaukee Admirals move to the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. One of the more interesting questions is actually a simple one. Is my sweet spot, in terms of a seat at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, going to be just as good across the street?

That question can be answered on site this coming Monday because the Admirals and the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena will have an Open House Night from 4pm to 8pm. This will allow season ticket holders and interested spectators to see the future arena layout in hockey configuration.

Press Release via Milwaukee Admirals:

Milwaukee, WI—The Milwaukee Admirals will hold their first open house at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Panther Arena this Monday, March 28 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm.
The event is free and open to the public and is the first opportunity for fans to take a look the layout and configuration of the rink and to pick potential seat locations for season tickets for the 2016-17 Season. Fans who are interested in a particular seat can put $50 down and that will secure their spot on a seniority-based list for seat selection.

The UWM-Panther Arena will have both concession and merchandise stands open for the event, and while there won’t be ice down there will be goals in place and the red and blue lines will be taped down to give fans some perspective on where the seats are located. In addition, there will be public Wi-Fi available for fans to use.

There is free parking available for the event in the surface lot that is just south of the UWMPA. Fans should enter the lot from Wells St. and then take a ticket from the attendant. Fans should then bring that ticket into the event where a member of the Admirals staff will validate it.

Fans with further questions about the event are encouraged to call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.

Personally, I’ve not been in the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena since I was probably below the age of 10-years old when a supercross or monster trucks event took place at what was then called the US Cellular Arena. Times have changed and so has the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. I feel I’m not alone in not having visited across the street in a long time so this event should provide a great re-introduction for people such as myself – and quite possibly an introduction, period, for others. This should be a fun way to get to know the surroundings and start getting the building to slowly but surely be the home of the Milwaukee Admirals.

Be sure to keep updated with Admirals Roundtable through social media platform of your choice: follow along Twitter, like us on Facebook, get photo updates on Instagram, and listen along on SoundCloud.

10 Responses to Open House Night at UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena On Monday

1. MUPANTHER says:

What time are you planning on going? I plan on attending to sell Admirals fans on the Arena.

2. MUPANTHER: I’ll shoot to get there right at 4pm just so I can beat out some of the evil traffic. Not sure how long I’ll be there but I want to try and take in the place just like everyone free to attend. It’s been a long time since I’ve walked around that place.

3. Fan in the Falls says:

I was just there for Marvel Universe Live on Sunday. UWM Basketball has done some nice things inside the actual arena floor area. The new seats are really nice and there is way more legroom than at the BC. I’m only 5’8.5″ and my knees always hit the seat in front of me at the BC. I would definitely not recommend a corner seat at the UWMPA. That’s where we were sitting on Monday and for a hockey game your neck would be crooked the whole time.

The suckiest parts are going to be parking and getting in/out. I didn’t realize there was only one entrance. It was insane getting in during the Marvel event. Also, I don’t even know what to do about parking. I had found some nice spots not too far from the BC where parking was free or cheap, but those places are definitely not anywhere near as close to the one entrance to the UWMPA. I really don’t feel like shelling out $10-$20 for parking for each game starting next season, so if anyone has any ideas let me know.

4. Glenn says:

MU Panther any inside advice on parking? I guess most people will keep those gems close to the vest.

5. Steve C says:

I went down to the arena on Tuesday afternoon for a tour. While you can tell it’s an old arena, they have done some nice upgrades. Previously I hadn’t been in there since around 2000 (for a concert). The seats are very comfortable. The scoreboard, while smaller than the BC, is new and looks nice. There were two projection type screens in the corner of each end of the building that didn’t look like they were very high quality. The concourses are much smaller than the BC.

In terms of seats and views, I was focused on replicating my view I have at the BC. I sit at center ice, about 3/4ths of the way up. In the Panther arena there are 9 or 10 rows in the 200 level. I wasn’t sure of the rise of the seating bowl. I initially thought that I’d have to sit in the 300 level to get the same height/rise of the BC. Turns out the Panther arena’s bowl is a little different. I ended up liking row 8 or 9 in the 200 level. It seemed to be pretty equivalent to 10 to 12 rows up in the BC. There definitely is more leg room as well versus the BC.

I did test out the 300 level seating as well. I tried out the first couple of rows in that level and had a major problem. There are big metal railings painted red surrounding the front of the section. Well from the first couple rows of the 300 level section, those railings were obstructing your view of the ice rink. Hopefully they can resolve that, or those seats wouldn’t be very fun to sit in.

For the first couple of rows that would be right on the glass, the arena has some risers that slide out from the permanent seating bowl. The front of the risers have a metal railing. There is then about a foot gap between this railing and the actual glass and hockey boards. Apparently Harris Turer did not like this at all so they are going to resolve that. In the end, the risers will slide right up to the boards and glass so there will be no gap between the seats and boards. It will mimic how it is set up in the BC.

Finally, got a couple of tidbits on possibilities of the arena. They are building out brand new locker rooms in what appears to be a wide open area of the concourse on the bench side of the building. It’s possible that fans would be able to stand outside the locker rooms to watch/greet the team as they enter and leave the locker rooms and ice. There is also some banquet rooms attached to the building that the team may be able to utilize for things. They are still trying to work out how and where they’ll do post-game concerts. In the seating bowl, there is some big gaps in the ends/corners where there are no seats. The team is going to work out some ways to make these into party spaces so they can sell group events.

I for one am excited for this transition!

6. Fan in the Falls says:

Any parking tips Steve?

7. Steve C says:

The Admirals didn’t offer any tips when I went. I do know that MacArthur Square is one block away. There’s also a parking garage kitty corner from the arena, attached to a hotel. There’s another surface lot across the street which the Admirals may sell parking passes for, but you wouldn’t be guaranteed a spot in there. It only holds about 300 spaces I think and is used for other places in the area as well.

After I toured the building, I drove around to scope out the street parking. It’s pretty limited in the general vicinity. Most of the spots are probably taken for people who work in the area.

8. Mark Sumner says:

Nathan told me the Panther Arena has dibs on the Bradley Center Jumbotron once they’re officially outta commission (next year?).

I currently sit in 206, Row B…right behind the opposing goalie in the 1st & 3rd. So I’m disappointed that my seats don’t even exist anymore. Plus the increase in ticket prices, and parking sounds like a nightmare. Trying to remain optimistic, at least until I can get there on Monday and check it out, but it’s kinda hard…

I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt that I probably haven’t been in the arena since I was about 12 (I’m currently 32) so I have no idea what to expect.

9. MUPANTHER says:

I would say on the parking since it’s a workday to put some quarters in the meter. After 6pm, street parking on 4th street is free for those coming between 6pm and 8pm.

10. MUPANTHER says:

As I posted last week. I’m at every Marquette and UWM game. My wife and I, love UWM Panther Arena. We went to see ice at the Arena in October for the Skate America World Event. Turned out to be great.

As for parking, depending on dates in what’s going on at the Bradley Center, you shouldn’t have to change your plans in where you park. We park in the same spot for a Panther game when the Bucks are playing at the Bradley Center. Saturday nights in the future get down earlier to park is my advise. Free spots on the streets by WE Engeries, Ace National Hardware or MATC. There is a structure on 4th street arcross the Grand Avenue that is $5 on slow weekends. Six minute walk to UWM Panther Arena.

The new 1.1 million jumbrotron they got put in two years ago is world class compared to that old piece of crap they used to have. The new side video boards are nice, easy to see. Only problem is there is NOT a full-time person who knows how to run them, so I hear the Admirals will hire someone to learn in what the 1.1 million dollar jumbrotron can really do.

The main lobby where the ticket booth is located on the south side of the Arena on Kilbourn Avenue. You can ALSO ENTER on gamedays where nobody goes in at on State Street.

This summer will be phase 3 of all the seats being replaced at the Arena. The lobby got painted last summer in black and gold from the old blue that was in the lobby.

I’m willing to bet if you go almost half of the way up in the 300 level, you would be in the last row of the lower bowl of the Bradley Center. You will be much closer to the action.

I have not been to an Admirals game in 22 years. I will be going in 2016-17, that’s what I think of the classic Arena. I do strongly recommend for all Admirals fans to tell other Admirals fans to go to the open house to get a feel for UWM Panther Arena.