(Photo credit: Joel Auerbach / Getty Images)
We’re still in that weird part of the season where we are second-hand reporting everything. The Nashville blogs will have the more in-depth coverage, so for further enrichment, I encourage you to read their reports. But we’ll hit the nuts and bolts of everything.
Game 1: Preds win 5-3.
– Jeremy Smith starts in goal and makes 14 saves on 15 shots. Chet Pickard came on in relief, stopping 20 of 22 shots, and getting the W.
– Sergei Kostitsyn had three assists.
– Goals from Colin Wilson, Kyle Wilson, Jon Blum, Chris Mueller, and Jani Lajunen
Game 2: Preds blow 3rd period lead, Panthers win 4-3.
– Anders Lindback starts, Atte Engren comes in relief, and gives up two goals. Here’s the play-by-play from the @rinkside twitter account.
“Huberdeau squeezes a pass through two Preds defenders to Santorelli in the low slot. It’s an easy one-timer for Santorelli.”
Santorelli….that name sounds familiar….where have I heard that name before….
The second goal was a scramble in front of the net, and @rinkside indicates that Taylor Aronson may have knocked it in off of his skate.
– Scoring for the Preds, tthree guys who suited up for the Admirals last season. Teemu Laakso opened the scoring with an unassisted goal a minute into the contest. Ryan Thang and Blake Geoffrion also scored.
– Craig Smith did not score at all. He did spend some time in the penalty box though. That’ll slow the hype machine down a bit.
The Preds will travel to Charm City (that’s Baltimore for you inlanders) to play the Capitals tomorrow.