1) The Admirals Team Speed. During my preseason chats, a one word description from defenseman Scott Ford on his early impressions of Milwaukee really stood out. The 2010-2011 Admirals would be–Dynamic. It was a surprising thought, but watching Milwaukee play that is exactly the description I have for team so far. The youthful Admirals play an up tempo, high speed game that is a joy to watch when it is all on the same page. Sure Milwaukee suffered through plenty of growing pains in the early going, but when everything is clicking, the Admirals pack a high octane punch.
2) Mark Dekanich’s Goaltending. There has something in Mark Dekanich’s eye this season, a look of determination that says the puck just isn’t getting by him. At 24-years old the maturing goaltender is off to a fantastic start, allowing just 21 goals against in his first 13 games of action. Even more impressive is the work load Dekanich has taken on. Playing nearly every night in Milwaukee, Dekanich has been between the pipes in all but one of his team’s wins. If Dekanich continues at numbers in the ballpark of his current pace, expect interested calls from NHL teams to start raining in Milwaukee’s ears.
3) The Wow Factor of Linus Klasen. On opening night it didn’t take long for me take notice of Linus Klasen on the ice—about one shift. From that point, Klasen has been joy to watch and follow. Every time the puck is on his stick, it seems like some electric is about to happen. Perhaps Klasen in Swedish means instant offense, because that is exactly what the 24-year old has provided for Milwaukee this season.
4) The Candor and Color of Coach Lane Lambert. If there is one person qualified to be annoyed with me this season, it would have to be Lane Lambert. But credit to the Admirals coach, he has put up with my questions no matter what mood he is in, including the days where Milwaukee’s practices were driving him crazy. All kidding aside, I really appreciate how generous Lambert and all of the Admirals players have been with their time and their comments.
5) Admirals Fans. Through the first quarter of the season, Milwaukee’s faithful supporters have been a pleasure to interact with. I love seeing your comments, your thoughts and your critical assessments. It makes churning out my weekly posts that much easier. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Round Table faithful.
So Roundtable, Regarding the Milwaukee Admirals, what are you most thankful for?